Christmas Gifts That Fit in an Envelope

A small sized gift can mean a lot to those you love. This guide is about Christmas gifts that fit in an envelope.

What kind of Christmas gifts can be sent in an envelope and are cheap and durable enough to not break in the shipping process? I'm trying to figure out what to send as a Christmas gift for my pen pal in Japan. Thanks!

Anna from Iceland

Answers

I have sent my sister in Europe little bits of jewelry wrapped in bubble wrap - any small, flat item would do - like lip glosses - charms, a fancy comb - an Xmas ornament - pocket stones with sayings on them, fancy pens/pencils/erasers - stickers - sample products - make sure that is very American so that it's unique!

I have sent Battenburg angel ornaments, crochet "snowflake" ornaments, crochet bookmarks,

other bookmarks, pictures, & pictures in sturdy cardboard frames.

Anonymous

A nice picture of something of interest to the friend, a small recipe collection, a very thin book (address book?), postage stamps, stickers, nice stationery..........have to think on this one some more, hmmm. Whatever you do decide to send, make sure the envelope doesn't bulge too bad; the post office sends the letters through a machine, and if if is a little bulky, the machine will rip through the envelope, and contents could be damaged. Brilliant me has learned this the hard way :)

A Visa, American Express or Master Card gift card is always nice and accepted in all countries.

You could send an American pocket calendar. Lang used to make some really nice ones. Or how about some of the nice envelope sachets that smell so nice. You can get them at craft supply stores or usually at candle shops and sometimes the dollar stores carry them.

I have a friend that I send a pretty scarf in a card in the same package as a card and it does not break the bank going overseas. I have also sent a pretty christmas towel. Hope this helps. Nan in NW Iowa

Perhaps you can find a small postcard size painting -- or if a large envelope is allowable, something slightly larger. I know a number of people who do painting on paper -- watercolor or oil or acrylic - and something original that is distinctive to Iceland would be nice, I think. There are also handmade cards that are nice. As the previous poster mentioned, crocheted or lace items are flat enough to send. Again, if a large envelope is ok, what about a scenic calendar from Iceland.

What about a CD? You do not have to send the plastic box. You can package it in a cardboard sleeve.

I suggest a handkerchief. They aren't easy to find now, but maybe a department store or antique store (check carefully that there are no holes or spots). There are linen stores that sell on-line. This might not be thrifty, but it might be...I've seen lovely handkerchiefs at flea markets.

My boyfriend lives in Seychelles (it's close to Madagascar, but that's not the point). I want to get him a Christmas present, but I can't spend very much on shipping. I want to be able to fit it in an envelope that you'd send just a letter in, as well.

Please help me?

By Natasha