Christmas Help Advice

I am new to this. I am also not posting on behalf of myself. I'm a 28 year old single mom from Massachusetts. I have a beautiful 2 year old boy. And he's all I need for Christmas. :)

I am writing for a friend, she's a single mother of 3, 2 twin 4 year olds and a 17 year old. Two months ago even though she was struggling, she agreed to adopt her niece and nephew from their drug addicted mother. So now she has 2 twin 4 year old girls, one 17 year old girl, a 16 year old girl, and a 9 year old boy.

She's sleeping on the couch just to accommodate the children. These kinds of selfless acts are hard to come by these days, and although she dosen't know I am doing this, I know she needs help. Toys for Tots won't give anything to the adopted children, and she was laid off a month ago and hasn't gotten unemployment yet.

I've never done this before so if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. I wish I could help her myself, nothing would make me happier but I lost my job too, and have been homeless for two months, and I have to start chemotherapy next year. So I am not in a position to help. These kids have been through a lot. I just want to give them the Christmas miracle they deserve.

Thank you for any advice and please pray for us.

Love from someone who believes good people are still out there!

By Lauren from Worcester, MA

Most of the charities that provide Christmas help have age cut off limits of 12-13 years. This is because the teenagers are old enough to understand the situation. Speak to your pastor about this. Sometimes they will take up a special, anonymous offering to help somebody, usually in their congregation, but being you are doing this for another family it might be done for that too. There is a national HELP Line number that people can call, it is 211 and they are supposed to keep a list of help available in different areas. Also most of the charities that provide help for things like this have a cut off of mid-November for taking applications, this is so that they can do their budgeting. In order to get help from the various charities most of them require people to fill out applications and some require income verification.