Christmas Help for Children

My house has been robbed and now I have no money for my kids' Christmas. Their father isn't around. Does anyone know who can help me? I don't know how to explain it to my girls on Christmas


By Shawnita from Washington, DC

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

December 7, 20130 found this helpful

Did you report the robbery to the police? If you owned the house you should have had home owners insurance and I would think you could collect something on that, providing you have proof of the robbery. If it was a rented house, your renter's insurance should do the same thing. Most of the well known charities that are nationwide have a cut off date of mid-November for taking applications. This is done for budgeting purposes. Also most of them have age cut off limits of 12-13 years. Talk to your social worker with the Department of Social Services if you have one. That person might know of some sources. Also speak to your pastor, sometimes they will take up an anonymous collection to help a needy family in the congregation.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
December 7, 20130 found this helpful

Do you have a court ordered child support order, if so their Dad should be paying regular child support, and if he isn't you could get him in trouble.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Holidays and Parties Christmas CharitiesDecember 6, 2013
Christmas Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2018 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2018/11/29 20:27:35 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!