DecorationsChristmas

Christmas Lighted Bowl

These bowls are so very easy and fast to make and beautiful when lighted. Very few tools are needed. You can use a number of different colors. I think it gives your decorations a bit of elegance! Most important, everything comes from the Dollar Store!

1. Set out all the items you will need.
  2. Start by putting only a dot of hot glue on the glass gem flat side and start gluing around the top edge. Alternating each color. Continue this until the bowl is covered.
  3. Using a flat surface and a mat under the work. Open the package of snow and pour some into a wide bowl.
  4. Using the glue gun, glue around the rim of the bowl, then turn upside down into the bowl of snow turning it a bit. Making sure it is well coated.
  5. Then put a line of glue around the rim of the bottom, and put into the snow.
  6. Advertisement

7. Then take the glue gun and put a bit of glue in each little space between the gems and quickly sprinkle some snow over the sides. Do one side at a time!
  8. Put a battery operated tea light inside and it glows just beautifully!

I have plenty of these types of stones here to use. I have tried your method of gluing them with a hot glue gun and over time they do fall off the glass bowl. The only way I can make them stick and stay is with Bison Kit glue which works great. it takes a lot longer to dry but the results last forever. How are you making your stay and not fall off using hot glue sticks and a hot glue gun? Do you prepare your bowl with a product first so the glue will stick to the bowl and the rocks that you are using?

Yes, I have just realized the same thing, I'm so sorry. I'm using Epoxy glue now. It is bought in the craft dept.

at any craft store. I did re apply hot glue oh the first one and they did stock, if you left the glue one the stone! But, I agree, that is not a solution. Thank you for speaking up.

I have a lot of jars and things here that I have made canisters out of and using hot glue on the jars and gluing material on them works great. But you need to have the material on the jars before you can glue any other decorations on them and they will stick fine. Maybe you can add tissue paper to the jars first and then add the rocks. The hot glue needs another type of surface to stick to it. Paper is a good one to use and so is material.

Thank you, that is a great idea!

Crafts Christmas DecorationsOctober 8, 2019
🎃
🍂