CardsChristmas

Christmas Snow Globe Card

I made this Christmas snow globe card for my sister. It is extra girly, but you can alter the concept with snow flakes, stars, or other confetti/glitter.

Total Time: 30 minutes

1. First, you want to decide how big you want your Christmas card to be and choose the paper. I used white construction paper and my card measures 8.5" long and 5.5" height. Then I folded it in half. Using a circular object, I drew a circle (closer to the top edge) so I could add the globe platform underneath. Using an Exacto knife, I carefully cut out the circle.
  2. Then, I used pink construction paper and measured out from the circle edge to corner of the card and cut out the base.
  3. Next, I worked on the inside of the card that you will see underneath (inside) the snow globe. I used a 4" x 6" piece of glossy photo paper and cut 1" off to fit the the card. Then, I made a pink triangle (tree) and brown rectangle (tree trunk) as my Christmas tree. Glue tree to insert. To decorate and glam the tree, I added an adhesive bow and faux pearls.
  4. Ad

5. I added the pink confetti flakes to a small Ziploc bag.
  6. To assemble the card get your Ziploc with confetti and fold it behind the card insert. Tape the Ziploc on the back of the insert. Then glue the Ziploc and insert to the card. Next tape the Ziploc on the 3 edges tp the inside front of the card.
  7. Ad

8. I added finishing touches to the inside of the card by adding adhesive ribbon to the trim. Now you can write in the inside of your card and the front on the base, you can write Merry Christmas, or personalize to your liking for the greeting.