Christmas Stocking Hanging Tips

Category Indoor
This is a guide about Christmas stocking hanging tips. You don't have to buy an expensive hanger to hang your stocking.

I use a curtain rod to hang the Christmas stockings from the fireplace mantel. It will handle more weight then the stocking holders do and its easy to slide the stockings to the side when we light a fire.

Normally, I take it down after Christmas and store the rod with the decorations or in the living room closet.

Sometimes I put it up again if we have other items to hang, such as decorative items, herbs to dry, or if I make candles to hang until cured or gloves to dry. Its easy to put up an down.

My roomie has a lovely fireplace. There is no way to hang her stocking without a hook so I came up with an idea. She has a salad fork that has been broken for a while. With a little packaging tape and 3 minutes, her stocking is now up there temporarily and no one had to go out in the rain for a hanger. Done and Done!

I solved the stocking hanging at the fireplace this way: I used a sort of heavy candle with a holiday candle ring around it on the mantle. I put something under the candle so the wax doesn't rub off on the wood and used a pipe cleaner hidden in all of it to hook our stockings on. We don't actually put anything in the stocking, so the delicate nature of the solution is not a problem. Maybe someone else can use this hint and/or improve on it.

Source: My own idea

This is a guide about making homemade stocking holders. Hanging your Christmas stocking can be a challenge, here are some homemade ways to display your stockings for Santa to fill.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes