GiftsChristmas

Christmas Tea Tree

contest winner icon
This is a cute Christmas tea tree to make and gift to a tea lover, or as decor for the holidays. You could pair this gift with a mug filled with chocolates.

Total Time: 25-30 minutes

1. Remove the straps off the paper bag and cut along the inside edges so you have a flat surface.
  2. Trace a circular object (I used a plate) and cut out.
  3. To create your cone, you will want to cut a section out and then roll and form your cone. Tape when you have the cone shape you want your Christmas tree to be.
  4. For a sturdy base and to form the Christmas Tree - I used an IKEA Bintje plant pot (.49 cents). I taped my cone to the pot.
  5. Using your choice of tea (I used Bigelow Green Tea packets ~ $2-4 dollars), securely tape or hot glue to the tree all around. Start with the bottom layer and work your way to the top.
  6. Once you reach the top, you can make a star or use ribbon to tie a bow. I used a red ribbon for my Christmas tea topper.