CardsChristmas

Christmas Tree Card

Vote for this contest contender!

This is a cute and simple card that can be created with craft essentials you may already have at home. Perfect for kids to make too!

Total Time: 15-20 minutes

1. For my card, I went with a white piece of construction paper and made a 4 by 6 greeting card. I cut out a simple triangle and square for my Christmas tree from kraft paper and glued it down to my card.
  2. If you're doing this project with kids, you can help draw lines to guide the ribbon or just hot glue the ribbon as you go. I used green and red ball ribbon.
  3. Then I used heart hole punches (assorted sizes) as ornaments. I made a heart in yellow as the topper.
  4. Ad

5. Using left over kraft paper I cut for the Christmas tree trunk, I decided to make a pop up banner with the punched out hearts. As a tip for the heart hole puncher to save the most paper is to use the hole punchers upside down. By using the hole punches upside down you can see how much paper you need to use whereas if you use the set guideline of the hole puncher, you're wasting a lot of paper. (You can see below the difference.) On the hearts I wrote the letters to spell out Merry Christmas.
  6. Ad

7. I glued down the hearts to the strip of kraft paper. Then crease the left and right side of the banner. Glue one crease down to the paper. Then press down. On the other end of the strip, glue down, and close the card. You have a pop up banner when the recipient opens the card, it'll say Merry Christmas plus a lot of room to write your greetings.

Good job, Michelle! What a sweet card <3

Aww thank you!!