Christmas Tree Gift Tags From Paint Swatches

Turn paint swatch charts into cute little gift tags for Christmas. Use a cookie cutter of a Christmas tree, or any other cookie cutter that you might like. Apart from the odd drop of glue and a bit of silver ink, this is a free craft. A great way to save on spending during the festive season!

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 6 gift tags

1. Place the cookie cutter on a swatch chart and use the pencil to trace all around the cutter. If possible, try and avoid the numbers printed on the swatch chart when placing the cutter. Repeat a second time on the same swatch chart. Tip: You can trace a third tree onto a swatch chart ~ I did not like the top of the swatch chart too much, as the colors were too soft for my liking.
  2. Cut out all the traced trees and glue them to the white A4 paper. Allow to dry and cut the trees out again. Most swatch charts has some printing at the back, so the white paper backing will help to hide the printing.
  3. Advertisement

4. Use the silver pen to add a silver border around each tree. Also add a silver squiggle pattern to each tree.
  5. Turn the trees over and use the black pen to write "To" and "From" on the white paper backing.
  6. Use the needle to make holes into the top of each tree and add a double strand of embroidery floss to complete each gift tag.

Anonymous
Top Comment

Actually this is not a"free" craft. I used to be a part owner of a hardware store where we sold paint.

The store actually has to buy the paint chips. All the cute ideas on Pinterest that use these chips costs the store a lot of money.

Thank you for this valuable feedback! You have opened my eyes, as I am sure you have done for many other crafters out there!

it's cute and simple.. great work!

Thanks katrine2706! :-)

This is a GREAT idea - THANKS for sharing! I have a million of these strips leftover from choosing paint for my entire interior- can't wait to try this!

This would be a great craft to do with kids!

Thanks Ivey, hope the kids will have fun! :-)

Crafts Christmas Gift WrapNovember 17, 2016
🐛
😷
🎆
🌻
👔
😎

Gift WrapChristmas