Making a Christmas Tree Ribbon Card
Add this cute idea to your list of easy to make cards for the holidays. This is a page about making a Christmas tree ribbon card
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
In addition to the free holiday cards I ordered, I still enjoy making homemade cards for my close family and friends.
This is a card I made for my parents, using a glittery ribbon swirl resembling a Christmas tree that will look nice on their mantel. I actually made the card from my holiday card order receipt and painted the card on both sides.
Total Time: 30 minutes + overnight drying
Yield: 1 card
- acrylic paint + paint brush
- hot glue or glue dots
- foam paper
- craft stick
- stamp ink pad
- pencil with eraser
- I am reusing a card - essentially the receipt for the holiday cards I ordered is printed on sturdy cardboard 5x7 paper, painting the card is the perfect way to reuse/recycle. I painted one side and allowed to dry, then painted the other side and allowed to dry overnight.
- I decorated the outer trim with assorted dots made from the pencil's eraser dipped into gold stamp ink.
- Using your choice of craft stick, I used yellow - glue to the center of the card.
- Then using your choice of ribbon and craft bond glue dots or hot glue, swirl ribbon to resemble Christmas tree and glue accordingly.
- Draw a star on paper and then cut from foam paper.
- To complete your card, glue down foam star. Card can be complete as is or you can add any other decorations you'd like.