Christmas Tree Ribbon Card

Vote for this contest contender!

In addition to the free holiday cards I ordered, I still enjoy making homemade cards for my close family and friends.

This is a card I made for my parents, using a glittery ribbon swirl resembling a Christmas tree that will look nice on their mantel. I actually made the card from my holiday card order receipt and painted the card on both sides.

Total Time: 30 minutes + overnight drying

Yield: 1 card

1. I am reusing a card - essentially the receipt for the holiday cards I ordered is printed on sturdy cardboard 5x7 paper, painting the card is the perfect way to reuse/recycle. I painted one side and allowed to dry, then painted the other side and allowed to dry overnight.
  2. I decorated the outer trim with assorted dots made from the pencil's eraser dipped into gold stamp ink.
  3. Using your choice of craft stick, I used yellow - glue to the center of the card.
  4. Then using your choice of ribbon and craft bond glue dots or hot glue, swirl ribbon to resemble Christmas tree and glue accordingly.
  5. Draw a star on paper and then cut from foam paper.
  6. To complete your card, glue down foam star. Card can be complete as is or you can add any other decorations you'd like.