OrnamentsChristmas

Christmas Triangle Candy Box Ornament

This was my first trial run to make Christmas favors for my niece's classmates. I would recommend making the triangles at least 3" at the base or longer and taller to accommodate more candies.

My 2.5" triangle fit only 2-3 Hershey Kisses and it was a tight squeeze. If I had put other candy options, like peppermint I would probably be able to fit 5 or 6. It varies depending on the candy so you may want to keep that in mind (because I did not think about that until I was finished).

This project was made solely with cardboard I had at home from online orders, scrap paper, sticker ribbon, and ribbon, plus essentials like hot glue and a glue stick. They are very easy to make and perfect for Christmas favors to give to friends, family, classmates, co-workers, and kids.

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: As many as you want

1. Freehand draw a triangle, cut it out and trace as many as you will need. Per triangle box ornament you will need 4 triangle pieces. (Note: 3 to form the triangle around and 1 for the base).
  2. As an accent, I wanted to cut out a Christmas for the front of the ornament. I freehanded a Christmas tree and using an Exacto knife traced it out.
  3. Time to decorate the triangles. For the triangle with the tree, I decorated with sticker ribbon. You can also paint these triangles if you would like too. Using an envelope I was going to toss out, I used the clear film to put behind the Christmas Tree.
  4. For the remaining triangle pieces, I used lime green paper. I wrapped the cardboard triangles with the lime green paper and adhered it with a glue stick.
  5. Now you are ready to form your triangle. Using hot glue, hot glue all the edges to allow the triangle to stand.
  6. Then, fill with the candy of your choice (or, fill afterwards). For the base, you want to tape the inside flap to the triangle so it can open a close.
  7. Now dab hot glue in the center of the base and place your ribbon of choice down. You will need to make the ribbon long so you can tie a knot at the top of the triangle. Angle the tied knot toward the front of the triangle so it won't slip off as pictured - that way the bottom flap will be secure and the candy won't fall off. To get the candy out, the recipient will just move the knot backwards and open the bottom flap.
  8. Ready to hang on your mini Christmas tree (or full sized Christmas tree depending on the size box ornament you make) or hand out as Christmas favors.