Crochet Chain Wrapped Foam Tree Trio

Category Decorations
Make crochet chains using decorative yarn and then wrap around foam tree forms. Add bells or other embellishments to make this foam tree trio.

I love these tree shapes you can get at Dollar Tree stores. They are easy to decorate in all sorts of ways. Today I finished this trio and I hope you like it.

Total Time: 5-6 hours

Yield: 3

• 1 large tree form
  • 2 small tree forms
  • 1 oz white eyelash yarn
  • 1 oz burgundy and gold lame' yarn
  • 1 oz green and silver lamé yarn
  • 1 pkg of 24 red small bells
  • 1 pkg of 24 green small bells
  • 1 pkg of 24 gold larger bells
  • 1 large red bell
  • 1 large green bell
  • 1 larger white and red and gold ornament
  • 1 mini packages X 6
  • scissors
  • size J hook
  • size K hook
  • 12 hot glue sticks
  • 1 sq yd Optional - batting for display

1. Essentially, you are going to chain stitch each yarn you choose. I chose some that were just a bit different, so each tree could shine on it's own. For which one you start on, chain and keep chaining till you feel it's about done. Don't worry if you are short. I made a short white one that you see, but didn't keep it when I found my larger one.
  2. Advertisement

3. It's really important to not cut the tail, but to just pull the hoop through a little and leave it. This way, when you start at the beginning of the tree base, you can add to the chain if you need to and it's all set to just keep going. Glue as you go along and keep each "round" close to the other. This will avoid the white showing through. When I do this again, I will paint each form. You can see the problem I was talking about.
  4. For the bigger tree, I used a bigger hook, as the eyelash yarn is a bit bulky. I also chained it just like the others.
  5. Advertisement

6. When all the yarn has been wrapped, it's time for the bells. I tried to find some round head push pins (aka map pins) to use for the ornaments, but they were too expensive. I could have afforded them if I decorated one tree, shot it, then took them out and did the next, etc. But then, I couldn't have bunched them together. So I found the little bells at the Dollar Tree and went to town!
  7. Put the bells on the top with the hot glue, making sure any white doesn't show under the edges. I learned a lot from doing this and not letting the color show through was very helpful. Set it up with some fake snow, packages underneath and you are set. N-JOY!!
  8. Advertisement

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Crafts Christmas DecorationsJanuary 14, 2020
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-15 23:06:09 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️