DecorationsHalloween

Crochet Thread Spool Pumpkins

I got a bag of slightly used crochet thread spools; four for just 1.00! Thinking outside the "bag", I immediately saw 4 pretty pumpkins. I think they turned out very nice.

Hope you like them!

Total Time: 2 hours

Yield: 4

1. Each spool had a bit taken off, so each one isn't the same size as the others. But I loved the unique colors, not a pumpkin color in sight! The first step was to paint the stems. I painted the sides of them first, then once dry, flipped them over and stuck pins in them for holding them better. Then you do the tops onces the sides are dry.
  2. The spools were super easy. Just measure the lace you want around it, and hot glue it on.
  3. I liked that the lace, stems, and foliage were the same, but I wanted the hearts to be different. I picked the favorite one in my heart button collection.
  4. Next was attaching the stem. I hot glued it a bit askew so it looked more realistic. I found that the cork was too small not to fall through the hole, so I glued the moss on first. Then once the cork was secured, I added a faux leaf from some scraps I had.
  5. I sold two and am keeping two. The soft green one goes perfectly in my bathroom and the yellow one in my kitchen. I am going to put these in the fair for 2020! N-JOY!!

Crafts Halloween DecorationsOctober 23, 2019
🎃
🍂