Crockpot Toffee Apple Crisp
I had some toffee chips I wanted to use up and I also had a lot of frozen apple slices in my freezer. So I looked for a recipe and found this one to try out.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
- 6 medium-size crisp tart apples peeled if desired, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 6 cups)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup toffee bits (I used Heath)
- Since my apples were already peeled and sliced (prior to freezing them), it was easy to put this together. I put the apples and cinnamon in a bowl and tossed the apples until they were coated with the cinnamon. Then, I placed them on low in the crockpot.
- For the topping, I mixed the remainder of the ingredients and added them to the top of the apples in the crockpot. I let them cook for three hours.
- To serve, I added a scoop of ice cream and some caramel sauce. Yum!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.