Curtain Rod For Hanging Christmas Stockings

contest winner icon
I use a curtain rod to hang the Christmas stockings from the fireplace mantel. It will handle more weight then the stocking holders do and its easy to slide the stockings to the side when we light a fire.

Normally, I take it down after Christmas and store the rod with the decorations or in the living room closet.

Sometimes I put it up again if we have other items to hang, such as decorative items, herbs to dry, or if I make candles to hang until cured or gloves to dry. Its easy to put up an down.

Ingenious idea..the rod could hold Valentine decor ,birthday decorations or any celebration decor. Ideas could be endless according to a person's creativity.

Great Idea !!

Anonymous

I forgot I did this one year! I used a metal rod and hung in from 3 stocking holder/hooks my husband made so we could easily take it down.

I am going to use my tension rod to put mine above the doorway to the living room. Thank you