DIY Christmas Tree Hat

Category Christmas
This Christmas tree hat can be made from things that you probably already have at home. The tree trimmings can be from your tree or from a local tree lot. Use recycled cardboard to make the hat circle and then decorate. The whole family can wear them on Christmas morning. Get in touch with your inner child and celebrate the season.

Make this cute, fun, and festive Christmas tree hat. I was able to make this hat for my daughter with leftover tree trimmings that fell from our Christmas tree. The rest of the supplies I already had on hand (i.e. cardboard, hot glue, and decorations).

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 1 hat

• Christmas tree trimmings (greenery)
  • pom poms
  • hot glue
  • star sticker
  • rocks/gems
  • cotton balls
  • cereal box or a strip of cardboard

1. In a lunchbox I bought for my daughter, there was a long strip of cardboard perfect to make this hat. You could use a cereal box, or any other pieces of cardboard you may have (or even durable construction paper). Measure to fit your child's head, cut off any excess pieces if needed and cut a slit to secure the hat in place.
  2. Advertisement

3. You will need some tree trimming pieces (if you aren't buying a real Christmas tree, you could always find some trimmings at your local home improvement store on the floor and ask if you can have them for a project.) Cut some trimmings to the size you would like for your hat and figure out how many pieces you'd like.
  4. Hot glue tree trimmings onto the hat. I glued 1 large one in the center and 1 on each side, a total of 3 Christmas tree trimmings.
  5. You are ready to decorate the Christmas trees. Apply a star, pom pots, gems, rocks, and any decorations you would like to use with hot glue.
  6. Advertisement

7. For finishing touches - use some cotton balls, stretch the cotton ball out (to resemble snow) and hot glue at the bottom of the tree trimming. The hat is now complete!
Crafts ChristmasJanuary 14, 2020
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-16 00:03:38 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️