DIY Faux Stained Glass Candle Holder
A stained glass looking candle holder can be created with colorful tissue paper glued to a glass. You can add colored markers or apply paper layers after the glue has dried.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Now that fall/winter is setting in, here is a good craft for the whole family! This art project is made with tissue paper, Mod Podge or a glue/water mixture, and any glass candle holder. This idea is easy and the end result is unique. Plus they also make fabulous gifts!
Total Time: 1 hour + dry time
Yield: 1 to 8
- glass candle holders
- muti/color pieces of tissue paper
- Mod Podge or Elmer's glue and water mixture (a small amount of glue with 1/2 cup water blended)
- sponge brush
- With clean candle holder set to the side, take your tissue paper and cut into small square and triangle pieces.
- Apply a the glue mixture to a section of the candle.
- Place cut tissue in alternating different colors. Repeat on a different section of your holder. There is no wrong look to this, each one unique.
- After applying layers, go over the outside lightly with another coat of glue/mix. This will take a few hours for drying.
- Once it is dry, you are ready to add a candle and display. Make it part of a holiday arrangement.
CommentsRead More Comments