DIY Faux Stained Glass Candle Holder
Now that fall/winter is setting in, here is a good craft for the whole family! This art project is made with tissue paper, Mod Podge or a glue/water mixture, and any glass candle holder. This idea is easy and the end result is unique. Plus they also make fabulous gifts!
Total Time: 1 hour + dry time
Yield: 1 to 8
- glass candle holders
- muti/color pieces of tissue paper
- Mod Podge or Elmer's glue and water mixture (a small amount of glue with 1/2 cup water blended)
- sponge brush
- With clean candle holder set to the side, take your tissue paper and cut into small square and triangle pieces.
- Apply a the glue mixture to a section of the candle.
- Place cut tissue in alternating different colors. Repeat on a different section of your holder. There is no wrong look to this, each one unique.
- After applying layers, go over the outside lightly with another coat of glue/mix. This will take a few hours for drying.
- Once it is dry, you are ready to add a candle and display. Make it part of a holiday arrangement.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.