DIY Gift Baskets
I got a gift of cookies this year. This is a great gift, but I am watching my carbs and sugar and will not eat it. I decided to make gift baskets with items I got from Freecycle or elsewhere for free. The larger gift has a dish as the base, which will be a keepsake for the hostess. The smaller ones have six cookies and a travel sized bottle of shower gel from Bath and Body Works. I am on their mailing list and get a coupon for something free about every month.
- cellophane film (I got red on Freecycle, which is great for the holidays I would use clear for other times of the year)
- gift tag
- plate or dish - optional
- Take your dish, if using. Fill it with your baked goods.
- Cut a length of cellophane film. Since the film was too narrow to cover my gift, I cut two lengths and put them perpendicular to each other. For the smaller gifts, one length was enough.
- Pick up the ends of the cellophane film so they cover the contents. I secured my larger one with a rubber band to make tying the ribbon easier. This was not necessary with the smaller ones.
- Tie the ribbon around the top. I used two different colors, but this is not necessary.
- Use the edge of a scissors to curl the ribbon.
- Attach a gift tag and you are done.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!