DIY Gift Baskets

I got a gift of cookies this year. This is a great gift, but I am watching my carbs and sugar and will not eat it. I decided to make gift baskets with items I got from Freecycle or elsewhere for free. The larger gift has a dish as the base, which will be a keepsake for the hostess. The smaller ones have six cookies and a travel sized bottle of shower gel from Bath and Body Works. I am on their mailing list and get a coupon for something free about every month.

1. Take your dish, if using. Fill it with your baked goods.
  2. Cut a length of cellophane film. Since the film was too narrow to cover my gift, I cut two lengths and put them perpendicular to each other. For the smaller gifts, one length was enough.
  3. Pick up the ends of the cellophane film so they cover the contents. I secured my larger one with a rubber band to make tying the ribbon easier. This was not necessary with the smaller ones.
  4. Tie the ribbon around the top. I used two different colors, but this is not necessary.
  5. Use the edge of a scissors to curl the ribbon.
  6. Attach a gift tag and you are done.

Holidays and Parties Christmas Gift WrappingDecember 10, 2018
🎂
📓
🌻