DIY Paper Turkey Treat Containers
Make these simple turkey shaped containers for storing candy and other treats. This is a guide about DIY paper turkey treat containers
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These little treat containers are so easy to make with a bit of construction paper. Make a pumpkin for Halloween using paper strips, then easily convert to a Thanksgiving turkey. Happy Halloween and Gobble Gobble! :)
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 pumpkin, 1 turkey
- sheet of brown and/or orange construction paper
- sheet of white paper
- green marker
- Mark your construction paper at 1 inch increments for strip width so you have six strips per candy container. You can make make them as long as you want. The longer you make them, the bigger the candy container. I used the standard 8" width of the construction paper.
- Cut the strips, six strips per container.
- Using the ruler, find the very center of a strip and mark it with a pen. Stack the rest of the strips using the middle guide to create a circle. You will use the middle guide to staple them all together.
- Staple the ends of a few strips at a time, then the rest to secure the ball closed on one side.
- Fill ball with candy then use glue to secure the sphere closed.
- Draw a leaf on a piece of paper and cut it out (or cut one out on green construction paper if you have some handy).
- Secure leaf to top of pumpkin with glue.
- In order to make the turkey, follow the same steps as above, but secure all but the three last strips closed. These will be its tail.
- Cut an extra strip for the turkey head. Draw a guide in order to cut the corners off, then make two marks on either side to fold to create a turkey head shape.
- Fold inwards at the marks to create the turkey head, keeping the markings hidden. Attach head. Fill with candy.
October 29, 20160 found this helpful
Those are so darling!!!!
October 30, 20160 found this helpful
Thank you, Robyn! :)