Decorating Foam Pumpkins

So, you don't like mess and you don't need the seeds. You don't like traveling to a pumpkin patch or even the local supermarket for cutters and patterns and such.

Get a faux pumpkin from a thrift or dollar store, grab a sharpie and your imagination. Just mark your pumpkin any old' way you want to! If you are not crafty, look at images on the web for shape inspiration!

N-JOY!

Source: I saw it in several places like Pinterest but nothing specific.

My next little Dollar Tree pumpkin is decorated with seam bindings from an old curtain, and more faux leaves.

Total Time: 1 Hour

Yield: 1

• Dollar Tree foam pumpkin ($1.00)
  • 64 in binding edge from old curtain
  • hot glue
  • 24 straight pins
  • 15 faux leaves ($.20)
  • scissors

1. With the curtain binding close, I trimmed it off and cut it into 6-7" pieces. With the hot glue gun, I secured them onto the top and bottom.
  2. Ad

3. You no doubt notice that I had felt tip markings on this one. I tried to make it like some I have seen on Pinterest, where the pumpkin is white and the drawings are black. But as you can also see, the grooves didn't turn out the right "math match" and I couldn't do it. So I simply turned it upside down and covered over the markings with the fabric strips and knew the leaves would do the rest.
  4. I continued to cover the lines with the fabric binding till all the major ones are done.
  5. Because the faux leaves are thin, I unplugged the hot glue gun and switched to straight pins. Pinning them on takes so little time, and isn't as easy to get burned.
  6. Ad

7. I put 5 around the area furthest from the center. Then did that again closer to the center. It didn't take more than 3 rows. I put the stem back on and it was done. N-JOY!!