Decorating My Dogwood for Christmas

I didn't set up my Christmas tree this year, rather I added to the decorations that I bought last year, on sale at Target, to decorate my dogwood tree in the yard.

The candy canes and lollipops from last year held up well, so I decided to buy more of the plastic, shatterproof ornaments this year. The two larger ones were my indulgence. When I saw them at Lowe's I knew that I had to have them even though they were pricey.

I also split the contents of a large box purchased last year with my daughter and added them to my collection. Some of the ornaments came with silver cord hangers, for the rest I bought a spool of similar, elasticized cord from JoAnn Fabrics, using a 50% off coupon, of course :)

Next year perhaps I can add LED lights and more ornaments, of course then I will have to haul out the ladder to reach some of the upper branches. This time I used the hooked end of a shoe horn from Ikea to pull down a few of the upper ones.

I really like the beginnings of this decorating project, hope you do too.

Clever idea, we decorate our trees in our front yard with large ornaments hung on branches with stretched out clothes hangers which are bent on rhe end to form a hook, decorative ribbon is tied on the ornaments for more color. This is our Thanksgiving tradition with our adult children and grandchildten.