Determining What You Need for a Wedding

Category Planning

This is a guide about determining what you need for a wedding. Whether you are planning a small wedding or an extravagant event, it can be hard to figure out exactly what you need. Here are some tips for planning a wedding.

I don't know how to plan a wedding. It's only going to be small but I don't know what you need to have. I know my dress and my fiance's tux but other than that I don't know what else I need. Please help.

Mindy

Answers

Best Answer

it really depends on how much money you want to spend and how many people will attend. If you are doing your self and you do want it simply and not exspensive but yet memorable these are a few basic things that usually done and used.
Brides Dress (and if you want something borrowed or something blue)
Grooms Tux
If your having Brides maids and a Maid Of honor you could plan there dress colors and styles
Your bouquet to throw into the crowd of ladies) use a fake one there and then have your real flower one to hold for photos and keep for years as your momento
The rings
Ring barrier pillow (if you choose that)
the ring barrier(usually a little boy)
flower girl
The preist
The best Man
Pick your place for the wedding (church, park etc)

Invitations with directions to the wedding and RSVP them)
Can even make your own.
Wedding favors to hand out
The Wedding Cake
A Grooms Cake
The Food(can either Be cattered or cooked by someone helping you) can be as elegant as you want or as simple a meal as you want even buffet style)
A guest book to sign
Any flowers or candle settings you might want for the wedding or the reception if you have that afterwards.
THe main thing is to pick your & your husbands theme and colors for your wedding so its what you like not what someone picks for you.
Music by either having a band or a DJ or even just play CD's.
Someone or even 2 or 3 people to take photos of each thing as it happens.
A place to dance (open space of some sort) If you have your dad there you and he take the first dance together.

PIck the song you want played for that.
Your Dad or Someone to give you away to your Groom.
Traditionally its the Brides Father who pays for the whole wedding and you just plan it. BUt thats not always the way now days.
My daughter wanted an outside wedding in a park with about 75 guests and knowing we were going to pay for it but were on a budget she & I planned it together (her mostly deciding which is how it should be) and it cost us about $3,000. But we started planning about a year before.
Lots of parking needed for where it will be if you plan on lots of guest.
Thank you cards for after its over and your replying with thanks to the gifts you recieved.
I'm sure other thrifty members can offer better than I other ideas but thats a place to start.
Just remember if you are paying for it to stay within your budget and means of cost. If someone eles is paying for it be considerated of them in the same way. And most of all do not get stressed out in the planning of it, because it will be the one day of your life you will want to savor each moment and enjoy to look back on.

try doing a google search on wedding planning it may give you lots of great advice.
Best Of Luck to you both! And God Bless You
Bevarages of your choice also.

Best Answer

Your wedding can be as simple or as elegant as you want. I think mine was extremely simple - I used the church's decorations - only bought my dress, suit for my husband and the twins, flowers to carry and for my hair and cake, candy and nuts for just about $1,000. My attendant wore her own clothes - I just asked her to stay within my color I wanted - which was blue. The son of a friend of mine married a girl who spent $20,000 on the food at their reception - I have no idea how much the wedding total was - probably an obscene amount.

A very dear friend of mine got married in her jeans on her back deck with a barbecue afterwards. I sorta wished we'd done that.

So, this is your day, do it like you want. Have fun!

Best Answer

All the Very Best to You Both:
Here are some simple tips

A note book to start your Lists:

HAVE A BUDGET that you Both agree on and try to stick to it.

Whatever you do, speak to, call - record the date, time, and who you spoke to & above all
GET EVERYTHING IN WRITTING ONCE YOU HAVE SECURED THE SERVICE.

Where are you getting Married? Book it.
Book Your Minister/Rabbi/Priest/Officiate
Book Your Reception Venue
Book Your Transportation too and from the Wedding
Make Your Guest List
Invitations & Place Cards for the Tables
Make Your Seating Plan for Reception

Photographer
Photo List of what pictures are must haves
(have both an outdoor & indoor plan for photos just incase the weather is uncooperative)

Flowers - Fresh or Immitation or both
-Bride
-Groom
-Parents
-Wedding Party
-Main Table
-Guest Table Centers
(you may want to consider candles and greenery for the guest table centers, it looks very elegant and is a fraction of the cost of a floral arrangement)

Emcee/Master of Ceremonies
-who? Make sure they are going to do a good and respectful job of this for you, and that they want to do it.

Music/DJ/Band - Book them now

Food
Have a set budget.
- what do you want?
-sit down dinner? how many courses?
-buffet? what kind of variety of foods do you want?
Contact 3 to 4 businesses
Give them the number of guests coming and get written quotes.
Wine for the Tables? If so, order it.

Gifts
- Gift Certificates to specific stores?
- Money?
- Items from a Registery?
- Specific Items?
Let your guests know with their invitations.
Have a contact person listed (Like Mom or Sister) for them to check with regarding the gifts

Delegate where ever possible BUT ONLY if you can trust that the person will follow your wishes, and is responsible enough to complete the task.

I hope this helps, have the best time, and I wish you well on this new adventure in life,

God Bless, Hedera

Best Answer

All you really need is a bride, a groom, and a minister. Everything else is just fluff. While the memories are nice, it is smarter not to tally-up a huge bill and use your money as a down payment on a house. Who wants to start out their life together deep in debt? Don't be intimidated--you are coming from a great place. A wedding is just a party to celebrate the union of your lives. You will be more able to forget (since you're not sure to start with) traditions and make a wedding that is totally yours by doing things that are meaningful to you. Do whatever unconventional things you want and enjoy yourselves thoroughly. Just make sure to have someone take pictures, so you can look back and reminisce. Have fun. Congratulations and good luck.

By Paperlady in Montana (Guest Post)
Best Answer

A bride, a groom, a minister and a couple witnesses, all the county and state paperwork filled out. A friend's daughter got married last week since she and her husband will be starting graduate school in a few weeks. They found a justice of the peace at the county courthouse, asked her folks and his folks, had the civil ceremony and went out to dinner. The parents split the bill and got them a nice room at a local b&b.

At fall break, they will return home and have a potluck party at mom's house. Depending on where you live, weddings can be as simple as having dinner on Sunday with the family, or as elaborate as you can afford. Don't fall prey to the huge planners unless you have something to prove to your society. Most brides don't even remember the wedding and have looks on their faces in all the photos of "when is this going to be over?"

Best Answer

One thing that is absolutely a must have is a Wedding Planner Bible! You can go to your $ store and buy a 3 ring white notebook holder. You need to separate with sections and you can use regular notebook paper to keep in your book. You can keep the pages separate by using the tabs they sell at the inexpensive stores, or create your own way to separate the pages.

One section for your wedding budget, this is very important to keep track of where your shopping and the cost of things, and how much you want to spend.

Then a section for wedding attire, flowers, invitations,even if you plan on making your own,so you can keep track of what the materials will cost, food, and you can even ask your family to donate a dish for the reception, and write down their names in that section so you can keep track of who brought what!

This is just a general idea! It's just about you staying organized and keeping track of things. Hope this helps ya! Hello from New Mexico!