Dog Has Lump on Belly?

My fur baby has a lump down there ever since she gave birth a couple years ago. I noticed it since, but didn't think nothing of it cause it didn't seem to bother her. But then she recently felt distressed and when I examined her, I felt it tighten and it was making her cry. It lasted for a few minutes cause I started to massage her softly to calm her right near the spot as if it could have been a pulled muscle or something. The tightness seemed to have gone away, but the lump is still there.

Any idea what this may be just from describing the issue? Thank you in advance. I will be taking her to the vet for tests, but in the mean time, I just wanted some info of possibilities. Other than that, she is eating good, loves to play, and is full of energy. My little Pepper.

Anonymous
Best Answer

This could be a mammary tumor. they are more common in dogs that have not been spayed. They can be malignant. Time is of the essence. You need to get your dog to the Vet right away.

Anonymous
Best Answer

My dog had the same thing and it was a hernia. If she has been spade it's a common issue. She has surgery, wasn't a big deal and she's just fine. Wishing you the best with your fur baby. They are family!

Best Answer

I would think it is probably a hernia, but if she is having noticeable pain, her intestines could be pinched or trapped cutting off blood supply, and she would need emergency surgery to keep her bowel from dying. Hope she is ok!

Is it possible that she did not give birth to all the puppies, and that one is still in there? That could be terrible, for it would eventually become septic. I do hope you take her to the vet soon.

really, the only proper thing to do is to go to a Vet..... I wouldnt wait.

Any change in the body, human or animal, is a cause for concern. A visit to the vet is warranted here.

Sounds like a hernia or cysts, but a trip to the vet is in order.

Hi what did this turn out to be as Ive noticed very similar lump on my dog thankyou

Pets Dogs HealthJanuary 31, 2017
🎉
😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Dog-Has-Lump-on-Belly.html