Dollar Tree Witch Hat
Make this cute and easy witch with materials from the Dollar Store. This is a great project to do with a couple of friends to share supply costs. Vote for this craft and the winnings will be used to buy supplies for Christmas crafts!
- 1 Witch hat frame*
- 2 black zip ties
- Assorted ribbon**
- Black pipe cleaners, cut in half
- Halloween themed accessories: (pumpkins, bats, pumpkins, etc.)
- 1 Witch leg decor
- Cotton balls for stuffing
*If you cant find the frame, you could make one out of wire.
**We used six different 6 inch decorative mesh ribbons, two 2 1/2 inch wire edge ribbons, two 5/8 inch ribbons for the brim and 1 roll of black mesh ribbon for the body.
- Remove decor from witch hat frame.
- Attach black mesh ribbon to the top of the the frame using a black zip tie.
- Wind ribbon around frame to the base of the hat, leaving the brim area blank.
- Use another zip tie to attach the ribbon end to the base of the frame.
- Cut ribbons to 7 or so inches. Make rolls of 3 larger ribbons and one skinny ribbon. Wrap in the center with the pipe cleaner to make a pouf.
You will need 13 - 16 poufs to fill the brim. We used two purple or orange rolls and another decorative larger ribbon roll and a narrow ribbon in either black or purple.
- Attach the pouf to the brim frame using the pipe cleaner ends.
- Continue making and attaching poufs until the brim is full.
- Stuff the witch legs with cotton balls and fold the top over a pipe cleaner. Hot glue or staple the fold and attach the legs to the lower back of the frame.
- Add any decorative elements by using hot glue or wire. A spider descending from the top of the hat is the perfect final touch.
We will add step by step photos when we make them as a group. This one was made as a sample.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!