Duo of Glass Baubles Homemade Christmas Card
The glass bauble motif on this handmade card is sure to please the recipient. This is a page about duo of glass baubles Christmas card.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Make a Christmas card with mock glass baubles as the focus point. Break away from the traditional colors, and use white and pink instead, to give the card a feminine touch. This card is sure to make the recipient feel special!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: one card
- A4 sheet of light grey marbled paper
- overhead transparency sheet
- leftover piece of pink cardstock
- leftover piece of white foam sheet
- two 20mm pink foam hearts
- 0.3mm wide light pink ribbon
- four 10mm rhinestone star stickers
- four 3D self-adhesive foam squares
- silver thread and needle
- Pilot silver marker pen
- Christmas tree paper punch
- plastic lid with a diameter of 2.6
- pair of standard scissors
- pen and pencil
- clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- piece of cotton wool and nail polish remover
- With the shortest sides of the gray paper on the top and bottom, fold the A4 sheet of paper first from top to bottom and then from left to right.
- Now make the glass baubles:
Place the plastic lid onto the transparency sheet and use the pen to trace all around it. Cut out the circle. Repeat so that you will have two circles. Use the cotton wool and nail polish remover to gently wipe off any remaining pen marks.
- Use the pencil to draw two zigzag patterns and two squiggly patterns onto the back of the white foam sheet, and cut them out.
- Glue the zigzag patterns onto the first bauble and cut off any protruding edges. Do not let the glue run from the back of the foam patterns, so that the bauble will not have any glue marks on it. Glue the squiggly patterns onto the second bauble and cut off any protruding edges.
- Punch eight trees from the pink cardstock and glue four trees on each bauble.
- Now make the top of the bauble:
Glue a foam heart to the top of each bauble. Make a bow with the ribbon and glue it where the bauble and heart meet.
- With the first fold of the card at the top and the second fold at the left, glue the baubles to the front of the card. Do not put glue on the whole bauble ~ only put glue behind the trees, foam patterns, and foam hearts.
- Use the Pilot silver marker pen to draw small squiggles all around the baubles. Also add a border around each tree and around the card itself.
- Use the 3D self-adhesive foam squares to randomly stick the rhinestone stars to the card.
- Use the silver thread and needle to make the strings from which the baubles are hanging:
Push the needle through the top of each foam heart. Add a small drop of glue to the card, pull the string tight over the glue and cut off any protruding pieces of string.