Easy Butternut Squash

Category Vegetables
Using a crockpot can make it simple to cook a squash without heating up the kitchen. This is a guide about making easy butternut squash.

Instead of wasting cooking energy in a stove, simply cut your butternut squash in half. I use an electric knife since they can be tough to cut, and placed them into my large slow cooker (crockpot). You may or may not scoop out the seeds first if you wish.

I added some water (1/4 cup), set it on low and went about my day. By the time I checked again (5 hours later) it was done! I scraped out the now soft inners and added butter and a little cinnamon. Next time I will cube some to add to stir fries, sauces, burritos and other dishes.

Couldn't be more simple and I didn't have to heat up my house and oven.
Delicious!

I have this and spaghetti squash growing. It never occurred to me to use my electric knife. Great idea!

That is what I am going to do! I will Purchase an electric knife for my spaghetti squash and butternut squash! I never thought of it and never cooked butternut squash because it was so tough to cut.

Now that I have seen and read this tip, I can start buying more butternut squash ;)

Thank you for the tip!

Happy to share it!
Luckily our butternut squash grew prolifically this year causing me to think of it or to get hurt trying!