Easy Christmas Felt Garland or Bracelet
This is an easy Christmas garland you can make with felt. I actually made the garland last year and used it again this year for the stair rail. I am showing you the same concept again, but as a bracelet. You can also make it as a necklace, and of course a garland too!
- Exacto Knife, scissors or rotary cutter
- sewing machine - optional
- sew on snaps - optional
- Measure 1" inch strips of felt and cut out.
- In the center of the strips cut slits about 1.5-2" every 1" inch. I had a total of 5 slits, the more slits you have the tighter the garland. The less slits the more spread out or loose the garland will look (it all varies depending on your preference). Cut the slits for both pieces of felt.
- Using a pin secure both pieces of felt together at the top of the strip.
- Now grab the top of the strip (where the pin is at) and tuck it into the first slit. Then pull, and continue tucking in the next slit and so forth until you're done.
- For a bracelet, you can measure your wrist and cut that length than repeat steps #1 to #4. You can either use sew on snaps to secure the bracelet, or just use a pin to secure.
- If you are making a garland, you can repeat this process until you have enough to make your garland. Using a sewing machine, sew the edges together to make one long garland (or you could hand sew). You could also buy longer felt and sew less.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!