Easy Fa-la-la-la-la Homemade Christmas Cards
The sounds of Christmas carols are incorporated into this handmade card. These cards can be the gift to friends and family. This is a guide about making easy fa-la-la-la-la Christmas cards.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
- one piece of cardstock or a plain white card
- one piece of colored background paper
- scraps of flesh-toned paper
- scraps of embroidery floss
- scraps of ribbon
- fine-lined marker
- glue stick
- white craft glue
- circle punch
- Fold your piece of white cardstock in half or use a "decorate yourself" plain white card.
- Cut your colored background paper to fit and using the glue stick apply adhesive and cover the white card with the colored paper.
- Using a circle punch, punch out the flesh-toned paper to make three faces. You can trace around a pop bottle cap and cut with scissors if you don't have a punch.
- Apply the glue stick to the back of the faces and adhere to the card.
- Using a fine tipped marker draw on faces, making the mouth shapes into an "0" so it looks like they are singing. I used a little blush to color the cheeks by applying it with a cotton swab.
- The hair is made by wrapping the floss around two fingers and tying it in the middle; I trimmed the boy's hair, but left the girl's hair with the loops that are formed when you wrap your fingers.
- Tie small bows from scrap ribbon and use white craft glue to apply them to the girls' hair and the boys' collar.
- Draw musical notes around the card.
- Use a marker to write the words "Fa-la-la-la-la" on scrap cardstock, or print out the words from your computer and cut with scissors.
- I used scalloped scissors, but you can use straight paper scissors if you don't have craft scissors.
I set up an assembly line when making my cards and just repeat multiple steps to make up lots of cards at one time; the kids can help by punching out the faces.
By Paula from Christmas, MI
By Cindy (Guest Post)
November 13, 20060 found this helpful
This card is adorable! Very creative. I would love receiving this in the mail. If you are into cardmaking, check out the web group I'm in where we do some exchanges of cards and post some of our ideas, etc.
Go to the "forums" link.
November 14, 20060 found this helpful
This is SO cute! My kids and I are going to make this one for friends this year. Thanks for the cute idea.