DecorationsHalloween

Embellish a Dollar Tree Pumpkin

Vote for this contest contender!

I love the little foam pumpkins I get at the Dollar Tree. But let's face it, they are pretty "uninspired".

Not on my watch!

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1

1. The first step was to pick the ribbon I wanted to make it with. Choosing a fall color was easy, but I wanted it to be shiny like the glitter on the ribbon. I cut it into strips just long enough to glue it from top to bottom without crossing over. That tends to make it too thick to actually sit properly.
  2. After I glued on the ribbons, I started with the faux leaves. I glued them on, but (especially) if you are doing this with kids, I would now use straight pins. The leaves are less than paper thin and using the glue gun can be hard to deal with.
  3. With the wired ribbon, shape a bow and then the ties. I didn't try and make a bow in the normal sense as I was trying to keep the bulk down, so I made it in two steps instead of one.
  4. After gluing (or pinning) the ribbon to the top, add the tail and cut the edges at an angle. I had the acorns from a Dollar Tree smaller one, and just cut them off and added them to mine. I love the way it looks! N-JOY!

I love this, I've got to try one of my own. Thank you

You are very welcome. They are so much fun...kind of like a blank slate you can do just about anything with. More coming next week!!