'End of Peanut Butter Jar' Peanut Sauce
Turn that last bit of peanut butter at the bottom of the jar into delicious peanut sauce. You can mix it right in the jar. This is a page about making end of peanut butter jar peanut sauce.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
June 2, 2016
I get so sad when I get to the bottom of the peanut butter jar because I'm a peanut butter fiend! I turn my frown upside down by stretching those last couple of tablespoons into a yummy Thai style peanut sauce using a few extra ingredients.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings of peanut sauce
- 1 almost empty peanut butter jar (a couple tablespoons remaining)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 small lime
- 1 in ginger root
- 1 clove garlic
- warm water
- Pour the soy sauce, vinegar, and hot sauce into the nearly empty jar of peanut butter.
- Squeeze in the lime juice.
- Using a mini grater, zest the lime onto a small bowl or plate.
- Grate the ginger and clove of garlic.
- Add the grated ingredients to peanut butter jar.
- Depending on how thick or thin you want your peanut sauce, start adding tablespoons of warm water. I used about two or three here.
- Screw the top back on your peanut jar and shake vigorously. Your peanut sauce is ready.
- Use as a dipping sauce or pour it on. Here I used it as a sauce for my buckwheat noodles and broccoli. Delicious!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.