DecorationsHalloween

Fabric Covered Foam Pumpkin

This foam pumpkin was from Dollar Tree (last year) and should be available again this year. The pumpkin was originally orange, but I painted it white. The hole was for succulents (as a succulent pumpkin center piece). Once Halloween was over, I emptied the succulents back into the soil outside and kept the foam pumpkin.

This year, I'm repurposing the foam pumpkin into this fabric pumpkin. If you have any old pumpkins that may need a new makeover, here's an idea!

Total Time: 15 minutes

1. You will need a hollow pumpkin. (My pumpkin I used was from last year. I used this pumpkin as a planter for my succulents as a center piece in my home. I am repurposing this planter into a fabric pumpkin.)
  2. Lay your fabric with the pattern face down and place the pumpkin on top.
  3. Start tucking the fabric into the center of the pumpkin's hole.
  4. Create an X with two pipe cleaners and twist at the center to create the stem.
  5. Bend the pipe cleaners down as pictured.
  6. Wrap brown yarn around them to form the pumpkin's stem.
  7. Secure the stem in place (in the center of the pumpkin).
  8. Ready to display your pumpkin!

Crafts Halloween DecorationsOctober 14, 2019
🎃