OrnamentsChristmas

Fill and Chill Ornaments

I recently brought tons of things to do a craft day and I was the only one to show up. So, being a person old enough to remember making foil chains for the tree, I am amazed at how many cool crafts there are now and how inexpensive it is to make really cute things out of new and used supplies.

So, I have a lot to share. There are six shots of the supplies; I tried to show it all.

N-JOY!

Total Time: 10 hours but only about 30 minutes for each ball.

Yield: 20

Source: saw some on Pinterest and Hometalk

1. Choose your medium. I have old lights I have taken apart, green and red sand, gems, pearls, broken jewelry, yarn, bells, ribbon, and more. For this one I cut up a second hand bow to look like pieces of gold flecks.
  2. Red and green sand from the Dollar Tree gives you the best of both colors. Simply get a funnel and pour in what is small enough to fit through it. Sometimes you will have to fill by hand what you can't pour.
  3. Ad

4. This one was faux pearls. Small gems fit, too.
  5. Some things will need to be stuffed in, dropped in...you get it. These were roses, candy, and mini lights.
  6. Ad

7. Some are kind of funky and some are "oh hey that would work" kind of things. These are the stickers you get at the Dollar Tree. One example is of them stuffed in the ornaments. For that one I took it apart, put in a smaller ball and closed it off keeping the trees tight against the walls of the ornament.
  8. Some have buttons, bows, ribbon, and bells.
  9. Ad

10. For the one with the yarn, you use a size G hook, chain 6 and join. From there, chain 6-8 and make a slip stitch in each of the 6 chains. Join and break off, working in the end. This will make you a nice little "floral" affect on the top.
  11. Some have balls taken off a branch I got for .49 at Goodwill and some have broken jewelry. Please note that if you see a duplicate top it's because I often had to fill, photograph, empty, and reuse the ball. Money was tight so there you go.
  12. Ad

13. You can use any medium you want to make these. If it fits in the top or can be used with the ones that open, you are golden. I hope you enjoyed these and they gave you some inspiration. I am sorry I didn't get them on sooner, it is what happens when you're busy making other plans. N-JOY!

These are very nice! I love each of them!

Anonymous

Thanks. Some I have seen and some were inspired by looking around my craft room and finding things that would fit!!