Finding Christmas Assistance

On January 19,2014 my husband suffered an anoxic brain injury from a medical malpractice since then I have been out of work. My husband needs a 24 hour caregiver. We now live on a fix income of $664 and can barely stay above water with our bills. I have 3 children Destiny 15, Joshua 9, and Seth 6. Life has been very hard at times. I feel so overwhelmed, but I know and believe in God and that's what gets me through our tough times.


I just recently took in my girlfriend and her 3 children, as well, because of a homeless situation. So I'm writing you today to see if there was anyway you could assist me to where I could find help for Christmas? My heart is heavy because I'm not sure how much I can provide for my children this Christmas so if there is anyway you could give me information or know where I can go please advice. God bless you.

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

October 30, 20151 found this helpful

This reply is coming late but I am glad you believe in God.
If you are still struggling Churches are more than willing to help not just for necessities and material things. Most importantly the spiritual lift you need to sustain you to keep going. God Bless you for taking on that huge load ! Seek and you Shall find. There is no shame to ask , especially because you too are doing God's work. :)

Reply Was this helpful? 1
October 31, 20150 found this helpful

You state that your husband was injured because of medical malpractice and suffered an injury resulting in total cerebral oxygen deprivation, or anoxia, on 1.19.2014. As a result of this terrible injury, you are now the provider of 24 hour care for your husband?


I am so very sorry for your very difficult situation. I do not mean to invade your privacy but ask to help:
Have you filed legal actions against the medical providers in your husband's injury?
As almost two years have passed since the injury, has there been any resolution?

I hope for the best for you and your family!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
December 19, 20160 found this helpful

My mom died Tues of the same thing, Anoxia of the brain. You can go to your local Court house and they will possiably help with a pro bono lawyer.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 10, 20160 found this helpful

My sister is a single parent with two boys she needs help for Christmas because she has no income Where can she get help for Christmas for her two boys

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
December 11, 20170 found this helpful

Hi my name is Christina Odell I'm a mother of 3 wonderful girls 10and13and15 we fell on some very hard time I am so afaird they will have no Christmas so I am asking anyone to please help even if it is just a little my phone number is 336-473-6591 please call so my kids can have a Christmas God blessed to all of you

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Holidays and Parties Christmas CharitiesOctober 29, 2015
Christmas Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2018 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2018/11/29 08:56:13 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!