Finding Christmas Help for My Children

I am a single mother of 3 amazing teenagers. 2 boys 17 and 13 and my princess 14. Our family has been through a lot over the past year. We were evicted from our home in December 2011 after 15 years. I got laid off and I just could not keep up with all the bills. The only choice I had was to take my children into the shelter system. It was a very difficult time for my children. We spent the holidays in the shelter and I could not afford any gifts for my children. They never complained and stayed so strong. But I know emotionally it took a toll on my children.

I found a job pretty fast. I was waiting for a rental assistance program to help me with the rent and to find a place. But during this time my oldest son fell into a deep depression. It broke my heart. I knew if I didn't get out it would only get worse. So I decided to find a place with what I had and forget waiting for the program. We moved out of the shelter in November 2012 and we have our own apartment.

I am working, but honestly I live pay check to paycheck. I barely make ends meet. We are in this new apartment, but we lost everything so I am slowly replacing it. With the bills and just necessities, I am not able to provide my children with the Christmas they deserve. They tell me it's OK; we have a place to live. But I know that they wish I could give them a Christmas. I am asking if anyone can suggest where I might get help to give my children the Christmas miracle they deserve. I know there are so many people out there that abuse and take advantage. But as God as my witness all I want is for my children to be happy. My children are not expecting anything; they will appreciate anything they receive. I just would like to replace what they lost. Thank you for any advice you can provide.

By C Perdikakis from NY