Fixing A Washer That Won't Spin

I need help on finding what's going on with my washer. It won't spin and I am not sure where I can find the info on fixing it myself.

Kimberly

Answers:

Fixing A Washer That Won't Spin

It might be the coupling. That is a 3 piece kit
that goes between the transmission and the motor.

I found the directions how to do it over the
internet, got the part and fixed it myself.
The directions were quite clear. Sorry do not
know where that was any more.
As a matter of fact, I've done it a couple of
times for myself and once for a friend. (06/23/2008)

By Linda

Fixing A Washer That Won't Spin

Our washer at work stopped spinning, and it was just the liitle plastic clip like thing that fits in the hole. It is the clip that stops the washer when you open it during the spin cycle. Part cost like $2. (06/23/2008)

By LaDonna Koenig

Fixing A Washer That Won't Spin

If it is a fairly new one, (mine's an 06) you might need to reset it. We had a repair man come out and charge us $50 dollars to simply unplug it and reset. To do this, you need to unplug the machine for about 1 minute, then plug it back in and open then close the lid 7 times. If this does not work run the washer on small load without any clothes. Sometimes soap builds up and makes the agitator get stuck. (06/24/2008)

By kristi

Fixing A Washer That Won't Spin

Top loader, look under the lid there is a plug sticking down which goes into a hole that operates a switch, close the lid and lean on it. At that point if the cycle starts, that's the problem. Just lengthen the plug I put a piece of plastic tube over it, no more trouble. Good luck. (06/25/2008)

By Roamin46