CostumesHalloween

Flash Superhero Cape for Halloween

The Halloween costumes in stores are hard for toddlers to take off while at school, or not as comfortable to be worn all day at school. This is an easy, comfortable, and inexpensive Superhero Flash cape costume.

You can either make your own cape, or hopefully this year they still have the same black cape available at your local Dollar Tree for only $1!

Total Time: 30-45 minutes

1. You can make or purchase any cape you would like. I was able to find this black cape at my local Dollar Tree for just $1!
  2. Using colors resembling Superhero Flash (yellow, white, and red), I cut out the logo with scissors using felt. A white circle and yellow lightning symbol. To make the cape more personalized, you can use red felt and your childrens' first initial. To secure the parts of the badge (letter, lightning, and white felt) - I used Tacky Glue. To secure the badge to the cape, you can sew it down to the cape or use safety pins.
  3. Optional: You can free hand a mask out of red felt to go with the costume (using black Sharpie to emphasize mask) and added lightning shapes and Velcro it on your head. To complete this outfit, you can have your child wear a simple red shirt and dark jeans.
  4. Ad