Flavored Greens Beans

Vote for this contest contender!

At our church, we have a monthly luncheon with 20-25 people attending. We have a committee that prepares the vegetables and desserts. I'm responsible for preparing green beans. I purchase a large can from Walmart and cook them in a large pot. Usually there are only a few left over.

I wish I had had my camera at our last luncheon. There was a 3 year old sitting across the table from me. He wanted more green beans and his grandmother got up and put another serving on his plate. As he was picking them up one by one with his fingers, and putting them in his mouth, he leaned back and shut his eyes with a smile on his face and an expression of delight like the green beans tasted so good to him. I really don't know what his thoughts were, but it would have made a cute picture.
I often prepare green beans for our family meals as well.

Total Time: approximately 20 minutes

Yield: 6 servings

Adjust amount of beef cubes and garlic powder to your taste.

1. Pour water from the cans of beans into a sauce pan. Add beef cubes and garlic powder.
  2. Bring to a boil. Heat and stir until beef cubes are dissolved.
  3. Add beans and stir. Cover with a lid. Reduce heat. Simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes.

Gonna try these. Thank you for sharing your tip.

I never use the water that is in the can of beans. Would be better to use some broth.