Folded Christmas Tree Ornament

I love reusing/upcycling my children's artwork especially my daughter's! She loves her dotting markers so I figured I would incorporate them into homemade Christmas tree ornaments! These would also be nice as gifts (to grandparents, aunts, or uncles) or to pair with their gifts as a gift tag!

Total Time: 10-15 minutes + amount time for your child to create their artwork

1. Find an art piece your child has just finished or no longer needs (ready to be tossed out).
  2. Cut the piece in half (it does not have to be an even cut in size). And fold accordion style.
  3. Staple one end as pictured, for each piece. Now it resembles a triangle (Christmas tree).
  4. Cut a piece of string/ribbon that is long enough to make a loop on the ornament as the hanger and tape at the tip of the stapled end.
  5. Using a foam star sticker - stick it onto the tip of your Christmas tree.
  6. Not to worry - if you don't have foam star stickers on hand, you can freehand and cut your own star from construction paper and hot glue in place!

What a wonderful craft to make something a child would love to give to mom, dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt or Uncle or even a friend. I have to share this with my daughter who teaches in our Church's Cubbies program in AWANA. I am sure that she and her head teacher can let the munchkins go before their vacation before Christmas and help them make them for someone they love.

Thank you! It is a wonderful and easy craft idea. I love upcycling my kids art works :)

Crafts Christmas OrnamentsNovember 21, 2019
🍂
🎄

OrnamentsChristmas