Making a Paper Clip Garland

Category Decorations
Create a cute, inexpensive garland for the holidays using colored paper clips. Hook them together and then attach ornaments or other decorations to help brighten up your home or work. This is a guide about making a paper clip garland.

All the garland I found was too flashy for me. The only place I had to hang it was along a shelf made from a bi-fold door. So again, it would have blocked the TV. So I came up with this. I made a garland of red, blue, and green paperclips. As you can see, it worked great.

I just ran some skinny tape into the clip to attach it to the shelf, then put a larger piece of packaging tape on top of that so it would hold better. Then I placed just a few balls and snowflakes on them with what else...paperclips!

When I sit and watch TV, only one ball is slightly in the way. But you can do this on windows with nails, or a fireplace mantle or around a door. N-JOY!!

Source: My head

This is such an easy yet pretty craft. These are made from plastic coated paper clips found at the local dollar store.

Approximate Time: 15 minutes

First sort out the clips according to the colors you want in your garland than clip them together alternating the colors. I used red, white and pink in mine.

The nice thing is you can make this any size you want. From just one pack of clips I had enough for a 4 foot garland. These would also be great to hang on a window or doorway to hang your valentines or banners with.

I hope you enjoy these.

By Cinnamonrosecottage from York County, PA