Getting Rid Of Trumpet Vines

How can I get rid of trumpet vine? It is taking over everything.

Hardiness Zone: 7b

Ann from Smyrna, GA

Answers:

Round-up

You can cut the stems back to about 2 feet. Put some concentrated Round-up in a Ziploc freezer bag and put the cut end of the stem into the liquid. As the days get hot and the plant gets thirsty, the Roundup is absorbed into the plant. It takes awhile, but this even works for sticker bushes.

By lindajeang

Smother Them

That's a mandevilla. I am so happy that I got a mandevilla bloom inside the house in the winter, late February. I am zone 5. These indoor blooms are a treat for me.

To get rid of all vines, flowers, weeds, etc., without using harmful chemicals, just cover with old carpet or cardboard or anything heavy that blocks the sun. It will kill it safely without adding toxins to the earth.

By Jan Yofee

😷
🌻
📓
🐛
Generated 2020-08-18 13:52:12 in 748 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-Rid-Of-Trumpet-Vines-2.html