DecorationsChristmas

Giant Christmas Ball Decoration

Vote for this contest contender!

From such humble beginnings I was able to create something pretty cute. Dollar Tree plate chargers and some glitter hot glue come together for this cute scene.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 2

1. With the felt banners from another project, I first cut out the shape of the little hangers the balls have on top. Once cut, I glued them onto the ball, making sure the manufactures tag was on the other side.
  2. Once that is done, get the glue gun nice and hot. This will take several sticks so be ready to load when one is done.
  3. NOTE: When you change colors, you will have to push the new stick in and "bleed" the last of the old color out. This is tricky so if you don't want a "blended" effect, do it on cardboard or plastic, not on the project.
  4. Start the glue gun, I used silver on blue and gold on red, as if there was snow on the ball. Like it's melting. Sadly I didn't have any white paint that had not dried up, or I would have made it more realistic.
  5. Because I didn't have any white paint, I layered the glitter glue so I could get as much on that could be seen. Luckily, this is pointed inward and no one can see my "booboos". Punch a hole in the "hanger" and hang up by suction cup or hot glue. N-JOY!!

So nice. How big is it?

Sorry, they are 15". They are the round placemats you can get at the Dollar Tree. My bad!!