DIY Giant Christmas Ball Decoration
These fun to make, huge Christmas ball ornament decorations begin with inexpensive Dollar Tree plate chargers. Dangle some in the window for you and the neighbors to enjoy! This is a guide about DIY giant Christmas ball decoration
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
From such humble beginnings I was able to create something pretty cute. Dollar Tree plate chargers and some glitter hot glue come together for this cute scene.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 Dollar Tree plate chargers ($2.00)
- 2 pieces scrap felt ($0.25)
- glue gun
- 6 glitter sticks ($0.30)
- hole punch
- 2 suction cups ($0.15)
- With the felt banners from another project, I first cut out the shape of the little hangers the balls have on top. Once cut, I glued them onto the ball, making sure the manufactures tag was on the other side.
- Once that is done, get the glue gun nice and hot. This will take several sticks so be ready to load when one is done.
- NOTE: When you change colors, you will have to push the new stick in and "bleed" the last of the old color out. This is tricky so if you don't want a "blended" effect, do it on cardboard or plastic, not on the project.
- Start the glue gun, I used silver on blue and gold on red, as if there was snow on the ball. Like it's melting. Sadly I didn't have any white paint that had not dried up, or I would have made it more realistic.
- Because I didn't have any white paint, I layered the glitter glue so I could get as much on that could be seen. Luckily, this is pointed inward and no one can see my "booboos". Punch a hole in the "hanger" and hang up by suction cup or hot glue. N-JOY!!
December 9, 20180 found this helpful
So nice. How big is it?
December 10, 20180 found this helpful
Sorry, they are 15". They are the round placemats you can get at the Dollar Tree. My bad!!
December 18, 20180 found this helpful