Giant Halloween Chocolate Chip Cookies

This year at Halloween, I won't be seeing my grandchildren due to COVID. They just love Nana's chocolate chip cookies. I made each of the young ones thick chocolate chip cookies (giant 10inches around) and decorated them with candy corn, dark candy corn and candy pumpkins as Jack-o'-Lanterns and carefully mailed them out to them!

Yield: 2 giant cookies

• 1 bag of chocolate chip minis
  • 2 sticks butter (1 cup)
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 bag regular candy corn (orange and white)
  • 1 bag orange and brown candy pumpkins

1. Preheat oven 375 degrees F
  2. Use a cookie sheet prepared with spray oil with flour
  3. Beat together melted butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Beat well until smooth.
  4. Add in the pre-measured dry ingredients, mix well, then add chocolate chips. Stir in well.
  5. Refrigerate bowl of dough for 1 hour.
  6. Remove from fridge. Cut dough into 2 even balls of dough.
  7. Put one aside, use a lightly floured surface, mold dough into a large ball, then flatten, and spread out evenly. When you get the size you want. Take your hands and form a good circle around the edges.
  8. Put in the oven until you get the golden brown you are satisfied with. For these, best if not doughy in the middle. Every few minutes, check on the cookie. If it looks like it is losing its shape, open the oven and with a spatula carefully push the cookie back into shape and return to oven.
  9. It's all done, pull it out and put the second one in.
  10. Decorate right away! Use the pumpkin for the nose, 2 orange and white corn together for the eyes, then the brown and orange for the teeth, then use the orange and white for hair halfway around the pumpkin head! This must be done while still hot!!
  11. Using a spatula, go around the cookie a few times while it is cooling. Do not lift or move the cookie until it is cold.
  12. If you want to pack and send this. I used parchment paper under it. Then cut to size thin plastic lids from aluminum pans. Before I put them in the pan, I double wrapped it in plastic wrap tightly. Then placed it on the plastic pan taped down the edges. I put a sheet of bubble wrap underneath, then set the cookie tray on top. Rolled up a few sheets of paper towels on the top. Put Halloween treat bags in each of the packages. The tighter you package things, the less likely they will move or break! This was great fun making them!
Recipes Baked GoodiesNovember 7, 2020
😷
🎄
🍂
Sub-Categories
AdviceBooksCandyCostumesCraftsDecorationsGamesGhost StoriesHaunted HouseHistoryJokesLinksMake UpMiscellaneousPartiesPartiesPhotosPumpkin CarvingRecipesSafetyTipsTreats
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Giant-Halloween-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies-1.html