Gift Bags for Seniors

My sister-cousins and I make gifts bags for the Senior nursing home every Christmas and the seniors love these. We use items from freebies and small items we collect on sale, off-season, or after a holiday. [non-perishable]. We also put coupons for different items we make such as bath oils, soaps, socks, booties, etc. We all feel wonderful for giving and receiving. Don't forget there are also men involved.

By Marilyn from Metairie, LA

I think this is a wonderful idea but don't forget sometimes seniors get overwhelmed with generous people at Christmas time and get forgotten the rest of the year. How about having some done ahead of time to pass out on birthdays(Maybe find out ahead of time how many birthdays that month and gender and take that many so the staff can hand out on the persons special day) or Christmas in July? Just a thought to expand on your Christmas idea. :)

I work in a nursing home and wanted to thank you for all the time and effort you put into your gift bags! I know first hand what a huge thrill it is for the seniors when they receive things like that. They feel loved and remembered! God bless you and your family for your thoughtfulness!

I am so sorry i forget to say we put the items in neutral bags for other important days, Birth days and others holidays.

I've been in a nursing home after a car wreck. I know how lonely it can be! God bless you and yours for thinking of folks who might otherwise have so little joy in their daily lives.

Holidays and Parties Gifts InexpensiveJanuary 31, 2011
🍂
🎄
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Gift-Bags-for-Seniors.html