Giving a Meal as a Christmas Gift

Category Homemade
This is a page about giving a meal as a Christmas gift. A homemade meal made with love can be a meaningful holiday gift to many different people.

Theresa

I took 6 months off to be with my daughter who was going through cancer treatments. My friends were just great. They invited me for meals. So what I did was I cooked up a turkey, dressing, gravy, veggies, and mashed potatoes and delivered dinners mid week to friends who were working and enjoyed not having to come home and cook dinner. I put all the meals into disposable containers, so no dishes either. That was my pre-Christmas gift to them.

I love to cook, so for Christmas I will buy ground beef and potatoes when they are on sale and make up meat loaf ahead and freeze it. Then the day before Christmas I make up my favorite mashed potato recipe and put them in a pyrex casserole dish and present the meat loaf and mashed potatoes as a gift. Most of my family work outside of their home and appreciate having a meal already cooked. All they have to do is warm it up, add a salad, and/or a vegetable and they have a great meal.

By Clara

Rather than giving more stuff to family and friends it can be fun to make and give a variety of food gifts, from sweets to soup mixes. This page contains some food gift ideas for Christmas.

Gingerbread cookies in a tin box.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts HomemadeJanuary 21, 2017
🎄
🎉

Generated 2019-12-05 09:22:53 in 905 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️