Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher

I have a fairly new dishwasher, and I am having a lot of trouble with glasses being streaky and "foggy". I've tried cheap soap and expensive soap, and nothing seems to work. I've also tried "short" washes and "heavy washes" and nothing seems to work. I've resorted to washing them by hand which seems like I'm defeating the purpose of having a dishwasher.

By pat from Brookfield, WI

Answers:

Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher

You probably have hard water in your area and that's probably the reason why your glasses are cloudy. Add 1/2 cup of white vinegar during the rinse cycle and see if that takes care of the problem. (07/09/2009)

By Marjorie

Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher

That happens to mine in the dishwasher and the sink, I was told to add a tablespoon of baking soda to soften the water, worked great for me. Good luck. (07/10/2009)

By debbie clapper

Glasses Are Cloudy From Dishwasher

Be sure your water is hot enough. (07/10/2009)

By janene winkhart