Golden Girl Beneath My Skin Costume

I've seen a lot of creepy, gory costumes using a zipper and special effects kits to make people look like they have zombies underneath their unzipped skin. My costume this year is a take on that, but showing that under my skin, I am a girl made of gold. You do not need to have a special effects kit for this. I used items I already had in my sewing room and bathroom! Happy Halloween!

Total Time: 1 hour

1. Hold the zipper against your face, starting from your hairline and curving under your chin. Trim any excess under your jawbone.
  2. Add eyelash adhesive on the back of the zipper. Let stand one minute to become tacky before pressing against your face.
  3. Press zipper against your face, all the way down to your chin. I like the zipper to be open between my eyes for ease, comfort, and most dramatic results.
  4. Start adding foundation to the cloth part of the zipper itself and onto your face so the zipper blends into your skin.
  5. Now start dabbing Vaseline all over your nose, lips, and chin. This is where the glitter will go.
  6. Dab a good amount of loose glitter all over the areas with Vaseline.
  7. Use a paintbrush to get glitter in the corners near and right under the zipper. You don't want to get the glitter on the zipper.
  8. Hold on to your zip from the top and smile. You will appear to unzip and shine!

That is one of the best things I have ever seen!!!

Awww Sandi, thank you!!! :D

Neat! Warner Brothers is awaiting your talent. I especially like the way you blended the zipper to match your skin.

Now, can you make me look like William Levy? Please say yes!

Haha You got it! My in-laws are in special effects makeup and I have zero training (or advice from them) so this made them proud :) I'll have you Levy'd in a jiffy!

This seems like a great tip and I thought it would certainly win top prize money...

Since your tips are always top notch maybe TF has to give others a nod sometimes???

I bet it would have won if we had received it earlier in the month. Sometimes I recommend people hold onto their seasonal posts until the next year so they can get attention at the right time.

Plus, as you say, if we awarded Atossa for all her awesome posts, no one else would ever win. :)

Haha! Thank you :D

this one is very impressive!

Yes, totally impressive Attosa.

What a cool costume, and your artwork talent is incredible.

Thanks Katrine and Suz!!! It was so fun :)