Goldfinch Photos

Category Wildlife
These backyard visitors are a bright point in anyone's day. This guide contains goldfinch photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

I just love my Gold Finches! I keep food out year round for them They are a wonder the way they change colors with the seasons! During the winter they change from their bright and wonderful yellow to I guess you can say a "sparrow like" coloring. Here is one of my favorites, so far this year, that I took looking out my door to one of the feeders in the backyard.

By Rose from Zion, IL

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

Such a neat picture!! The color is so pretty!!! We don't have any trees in our yard--few shrubs---just wondering on how you attract them?? When we first moved to our place we spotted alot of bluebirds, but haven't seen any for awhile. Kind of miss seeing the different birds and all their color!!!

Reply Like this photo? Yes
By angellface (Guest Post)

Gorgeous. Certain flowers attract certain birds. My son-in-law planted zinias up his front walk way and they attracted the gold finches and he has had them ever since.

Did you consciously do anything to attract them? There is a every other month magazine Birds and Blooms by Reiman Publications you might enjoy as it lists these specific items.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

To attract birds to your yard, you need feeders for seed, birdhouses for nesting, and a birdbath for water (both drinking and bathing). Since you have no trees, use poles/posts to mount them. I have lots of trees, but mount most of my birdhouses and feeders on 8' posts.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

what a wonderful picture...I luv watching birds and bats. A friend has an oriole feeder at her home and I got to see the male & female the last time I was there and the male looked rite in at us...it was so kewl.....nature is so beautiful and its great to slow down and watch them.....thanx for sharing :0)

Reply Like this photo? Yes