Graveyard Brownies

These spooky brownies are a scream for Halloween time! They are so easy to put together. You can get real creative with the details. Once you bake and cool the brownies, this could be a great edible craft for the little ones.

I used two standard 19 oz. boxes of brownie mix to make 12 large graves. Each grave served 2. I got all the Halloween candy details at the dollar shop.

Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes (including bake, cool, and decorating time)

Yield: 24 servings

1. Preheat oven to box instruction temperature. Make brownie mix as directed on box. I mixed in a tablespoon of dark coffee and a teaspoon of vanilla to mine.
  2. Pour batter into lined and greased 9x13 inch (or similar) rectangle baking pan. Bake to box instruction times. Since I used 2 boxes, I had to bake mine longer and keep doing toothpick tests until done.
  3. While brownies are baking, start on the grave details. Melt a few big blocks of chocolate in a microwave safe dish and zap in 30 second increments, stirring each time until smooth.
  4. Let the chocolate cool a bit, then scoop into a piping bag. Cut a tiny section off the tip, then pip "RIP" onto the top portion of each cookie.
  5. Cut the green candy straws into small rectangles, then cut down into them vertically so they resemble grass. Cut each strand to different lengths.
  6. Keep going until you have all your details ready to go. The chocolate lettering will have to dry fully before handling.
  7. When the letters on the cookies are no longer glossy and the brownies have cooled, cut the brownies into rectangles. Press a cookie into the top portion of each brownie.
  8. Use your wooden skewer to make little holes for the bones and grass to easily drop into so you don't bust up the brownies.
  9. Decorate all around with the grass, bones, and pumpkins.
  10. I took half of these to a friend's house, so I decorated those ones inside the carrier box for ease. Making holes and dropping the candy in was really handy for this. :)

What an imaginative and clever gal you are !!!

I made the olive spiders that you gave the how-to for in your pizza recipe were a hit and I commented. Thanks.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Mina! Just saw that. My notifications don't work too far after a while so thanks for the heads up. I replied there. You made me very happy. THANK YOU!