Halloween Costume Ideas for Couples

Category Costumes
A couple dressed up as salt and pepper.
Trying to come up with a couples Halloween costume can be fun or frustrating. Don't despair, get creative. This is a guide about Halloween costume ideas for couples.

Here's our interpretation of the "Monthly gift from Mother Nature". I wanted to do something really funny and make a costume that no one else would be demented enough to make. So I decided to take what all of us women are made to deal with each month (of course I am talking about our period), and have my husband experience it for one night (well a little of it anyway).

I took a Tampax box and studied it. You need a box big enough for whoever is tricked into, I mean talked into wearing it. You'll also need blue spray paint (my box took two cans, but I think if I would have used primer I could have gotten by with just one). Remember to let your box dry all the way before painting anything else. A little artistic touch with a black sharpie (I free handed everything on the Tampax box before painting it). You'll also need a set of poster paints and different sized paint brushes. I also used q-tips for some of the lettering.

For the "tampons" I used white poster board rolled up and stapled (staples facing toward the back, I tried tape but found staples to hold up better), cotton batting found at any craft store (I used several small bags, I also recommend bringing extra in case some fall out), and white string (attached to inside bottom of box with tape).

For the "face part of the tampon" put it on the person, trace the face then cut out, there will also be cut outs above the shoulders (this will be hidden). It doesn't really matter what they wear underneath, of course I would recommend clothing because they might want to sit sometime during the evening.

My costume was kind of an after thought, I wanted it to be a couples costume so I decided to keep with the "period" theme and be Aunt Flow. Easy to make. Just dress in all red, get an old t-shirt and cut the sleeves and bottom of the shirt so it "flows" or moves (think 80's Flashdance), write Aunt Flow on the front (I am sure most are familiar with this nickname for the period, If not, there are a million others that you can also write), grab some red pants or sweats, and a red wig (I bought a cheap devil wig and cut off the horns). The black hat I cut in a circle to represent, what else, "a period." I just glued that on with a hot glue gun (preferably while not wearing it). I didn't think that a lot of people would understand the black "period" hat but they did so I am sure your party people will too.

It took some hard work and a little elbow grease, but the pay off is huge. Best costume I have ever made. Good luck and Happy Halloween. Enjoy!

Source: I came up with this and made it all by myself.

By Melony and David from Fritch, TX

My husband and I went as salt and pepper shakers a few years back and won first prize. This costume is so easy to make and cost little. I know you can buy these but why would you when half the fun is creating it!

Approximate Time: 2-3 hours

Materials:

Instructions:

1. You will need and old t-shirt or sweatshirt, one black and one white. Turn the shirts to the wrong side if they are not plain.
  2. Now, you are ready to add the "S" and "P". I did this by printing them out from my computer, just use the largest size font that will fit on your paper.
  3. Carefully cut out the letter so it can be used as a stencil. Use white craft paint on the black shirt for "P" and the opposite for the other shirt.
  4. Next you will need some pants to match the tops.
  5. For the hat we used round ice cream pails covered with foil and placed some white/black paper dots on the bottom (which becomes the top).
  6. If needed, stuff the pail with newspaper so it sits on your head comfortably. We each carried a baggie filled with confetti, black for pepper and white for salt, toss some out here and there.

Costume complete, have fun with this one we sure did.

By NoRulesArt from Sunny FL

Jess Bali0 found this helpful

Finding couples Halloween Costumes has always been a challenge! Over the last few years I have seen many different ones at Halloween parties. To give you a few ideas I have about 80 here:

1. Nurse & Doctor
  2. Lennon and Yoko
  3. Sonny and Cher
  4. Pirate and wench
  5. Cowboy and Indian woman
  6. Aladdin and Jasmine
  7. Belle and the Beast
  8. Aurora and the Prince (Sleeping Beauty)
  9. Zena the warrior princess and Hercules
  10. Esmeralda and the Hunchback of Notre Dame
  11. Ariel and Eric (the little mermaid)
  12. Cinderella and Prince Charming
  13. Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse
  14. Peter Pan and Wendy or Tinkerbelle
  15. Tarzan and Jane
  16. Dorothy and the Tin Man, Cowardly Lion or scarecrow
  17. Wonderwoman and Superman
  18. Superman and Lois Lane
  19. Batman and Catwoman
  20. Ken and Barbie
  21. Princess Leah and Hans Solo
  22. Morticia and Gomez from the Addams Family
  23. Fred and Wilma / Barney and Betty
  24. Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm
  25. Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky
  26. I dream of Jeannie and Major Nelson
  27. King Kong and sexy girl
  28. Megara and Hercules
  29. Dalmatian and Cruella DeVil
  30. Biker couple
  31. Snow White and a dwarf
  32. Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Owl or Rabbit
  33. Cinderella and the prince
  34. Austin Powers & Vanessa
  35. Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf
  36. Alice In Wonderland and the Mad Hatter
  37. Raggedy Ann and Andy
  38. Rapunzel & the Prince
  39. Robin Hood and Maid Marian
  40. Romeo and Juliet
  41. Little Bo Peep and one of her sheep
  42. Bride and Groom
  43. Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein
  44. Sylvester the Cat and Tweety Bird
  45. Babs and Bugs Bunny
  46. Angelica and Tommy from the Rugrats
  47. M&M's
  48. Hershey Kisses - one a Kiss, the other a Hug
  49. Lifesavers Candy
  50. Ronald McDonald and Fries
  51. Dr. Evil and Fembot
  52. Queen Amidala and Anakin Skywalker Jedi or Jar Jar Binks
  53. Disco Era Couple
  54. Cowboy and Cowgirl
  55. Playboy bunny & Hugh Hefner

56. Flower Power Groovy Couple
  57. Elmo and Cookie Monster
  58. Big Bird and Grover
  59. Uncle Sam and the Statue of Liberty
  60. Bonnie and Clyde
  61. Flapper Girl and Prohibition Gangster
  62. Mr. and Mrs. Clause
  63. Elves making toys
  64. The Grinch and Little Lisa Who
  65. Easter Bunny and an Easter Egg
  66. Joseph and Mary (biblical)
  67. Cheerleader and Football Player
  68. Renaissance King and Queen
  69. Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe
  70. Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett
  71. Shrek and Fiona
  72. Arabian Knight and Arabian Princess
  73. Arab Sheik and Harem Girl
  74. Willy Wonka and a Chocolate Bar
  75. Sexy Police Woman and Crook
  76. Hawaiian Hula Dancers
  77. Toga Party People
  78. Drew Carey and Mimi Johnson
  79. Bride and a groom
Whatever it is that you are this Halloween we hope you have a good one!

For the woman, wearing black pants and black sweater, using a 3 inch wide yellow ribbon, I made a "Miss America" type banner, and put sticky letters on it saying "GOLD DIGGER" ...

Couple dressed in costume.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

I already have a for sure date to Sadie Hawkins, but I want to ask him in a really cute and unique way. Does anyone have any ideas? Our theme is "celebrity couples" if that helps. I also need ideas on what we could dress up as. I've thought about James Bond and one of his girls or Lamar Odam and Khloe Kardashian. Any more ideas? Anything would help me! If it helps any, I'm 5'3" and he is about 5'8".

By Brianna from Fowler, CA

How about Hugh Hefner and his new play girl bunny?

I wouldn't worry about having a cute way to ask him, just ask him. As far as who to dress up like pick up a couple that both of you like. Or there is Scarlet and Rhett, Pres. and Mrs. Kennedy. Prince Charles and Lady Dianna, etc.

As redhatter said, just ask him. Don't waste time trying to be fancy or cute. you may lose you opportunity trying to make things "just right" to ask him. Also, guys aren't too much into "cute" things the way girls are.

Anyway, how about the couple from the Pirates of the Carribbean ( can't think of their names right now). Or Abbey and MyGee from NCIS (they were a couple once). I think the pirates thing would be more catchy. Orlando Bloom and his girl.

Anonymous

Just ask him and if he says yes then the two of you should go through a list of couples to dress up as and narrow it down to the one you both like the most. Call me a romantic but why not do something different and dress up as Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers or even Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey.

http://www.yout  ch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

After all, you are going to a dance and they were dancing couples. ;-)

Bonnie and Clyde would be great costumes to wear and fun, too!

I don't think all schools ask in creative ways. Most friends in CA have never heard of the various ways of asking and answering Sadies, Homecoming, Prom or whatever. It's a big thing in AZ though! Anyway...One idea is getting a toy dump truck and filling it with cinnamon buns. Make a poster to go with and say, "I want to haul your BUNS to Sadies" :)

Or another idea is get a bunch of glow sticks from dollar store and make a poster "Will you GLOW to Sadies with me?" Last idea, get a small fish bowl with some goldfish (real or goldfish crackers) and write on a poster, "Of all the fish in the sea I pick YOU to go to Sadies with me" ;D Good Luck!