Halloween Costumes Ideas for Work

Category Adults
Many workplaces encourage their employees to come to work in costume for Halloween. This is a guide about Halloween costumes for work.

I work for a credit union and we need help thinking of a unique Halloween costumes for a group contest.

Susie from Tyler, TX

Answers

Hi Susie,
One year, about 10 friends and myself dressed up as Richard Simmons (1 person was R. Simmons) & Sweatin' to the Oldies. We had his video tape, practiced a few routines. We wrapped ourselves in bubble wrap (large and small bubbles, taped them to our legs, arms and waists. We then put on beige stocking or black tights, shorts & t-shirts, sneakers. We each put 2 large bubble gum balls in our cheeks, wore wigs, glasses. We went to a Halloween party,we brought our own boom box and had taped 3 songs, did our dance routines, won 1st place and had a blast. When I walked into my house, my husband said if he didn't see my car, he would have had no idea it was me walking into the house!

Wow.
That sounds like a pretty good one. I think that we are going to do a theme with the Adams Family or Wizard of Oz, but thank you so much for you idea.

Use a refrigerator carton, roll it into a cylinder, cover it with a bedsheet, keep a hole in the top and bottom and there you are: a giant roll of toilet paper!
My dad did pretty good last year with his long silver beard, in a black bathrobe tied with coarse rope, he was a monk. He carried a big dictionary and a walking stick.

Also: wearing a dress from a thrift shop with a large apron I sort of roughed together, I decorated a hat with glue-gun and fake flowers, more fake flowers along the hem of the dress, a silhouette of a black lamb attached to the hem, and then I carried a PVC pipe shepherd's crook with ribbon on it and did Little Bo-Peep.

Have everyone dress as a different color in your box of crayons.

You could go as a 6 pack of soda, whatever type you like. Enlarge the label from a 2 liter bottle and make a pattern. Lame' fabric is perfect and if you have a Joann's fabric there are always coupons you can use. Use old quilt hoops for the top and bottom. Put cardboard on the top and spray paint silver and cut a hole for your head. I made my mom who is a teacher a Diet Coke can and it was a big hit.

How about dressing up as the cast from Scrubs (that TV comedy about the doctors and nurses) and your theme could sort of be "(Name of your credit union) Hospital - We take good care of your money!"

You didn't say how many in the group. How about:
101 Dalmations? Chicklettes gum? (white pillowcases) Red white & blue (flag)? bag of cheese doodles? (all in orange)

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Here are the people at my work that came in costume! Fun stuff! I'm on the end in the bowling ball costume, made from hula hoops and 13 gallon yard bags. Cheap and easy! (Just carry around a couple of bowling pins from a children's bowling set.)

By Stacey from Eagle Mountain, UT

Editor's Note: Sorry that this didn't get posted closer to Halloween. It got lost in the shuffle.

group in costumes

Comment Like this photo? Yes